Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Dear Lord, am I in the mood for lovin'. And that's being polite about it! *sly grin* Sex, is all I've been thinking of for 2 days now. All I want to do is be in bed, or anywhere for that matter, with my husband. Forget work! I want to be home! You’d think having a great night with my husband last night would help satisfy the urges and I’d go on my merry way. Well, I’m certainly going on my merry way but the urge isn’t gone. I still want more.

I know why that is. I mean other than the fact I love being intimate with my husband. It’s amazing really. In the last year I’ve become more in tune with my body and have found nature sends very strong signals when it’s time to try adding to the family. And wow, when I’m ready nature certainly sends me strong signals! Sex is constantly on the brain. When you stop to think about it, before all the ovulation kits, before the practice of taking temperatures, before the days of websites telling you how to track your cycles this is how life went on. Nature just guided you.

My recent non-bedroom activities have been helping to encourage this, whether I realized it or not.

I have always been an avid reader. For as long as I can remember I always lost myself in books. I’d read for hours on end. I still do when I can find time. When reading I completely lose myself in the setting, the emotions and characters. I ‘see’ their world. It’s great for an escape, not so great when movies are made of my favorite books. lol

On top of being able to lose myself so much in a book, I’d say I’m a rather sensual person. I am definitely a person who enjoys touch, aromas, tastes and having those linger. Music affects me quite a bit when I sit to listen and it can stir up many emotions. I’m a romantic at heart who loves thoughtful acts, words and deeds. Put the reading, music and sensuality together and a slow burn seems to happen; a lingering need that hangs in the back of the mind; a desire that must be acted on and can’t be pushed aside.

My current mental state, shall we say, I’m 99% sure is due to books I’ve been reading, conversations I’ve been having with friends about those books and that has driven the music I listen to which keeps this vicious cycle going. Reading about intimacy between characters, their love and lust for one another just or hearing music with the right beat or tone and a sexy vocal adds fuel to a fire that’s always hiding in the background.

Sometimes the fire burns so low I forget about this part of myself. I get so lost in the role of mom and tending to family things: the cooking, the cleaning, the laundry, the organizing for the next day that I forget sometimes to focus in tending that fire. Sex and intimacy fall by the wayside and feel more like another chore to add to the pile. As I said to a friend yesterday, this is no means an excuse for my intimate life to this point with my husband but more of an awakening if you will; a realization that I need to rekindle that part of me. I need to remember along with everything else I am, I am also a woman. I need to help the fire burn brighter and let it burn. It may sound so simple to some but it is so easy to forget.

So if nature is sending me signs, I’m going to go with it. Not because I’m supposed to for Mother Nature but because it feels right and it feels good. It feels so much like what I should be doing. I’m going to remember to feel like a woman and if my husband has to endure it for a few days, so be it. I don’t think he’ll have any real complaints. *grin*

No comments: