Do you ever find yourself inexplicably drawn to something and can’t put your finger on the reason why? I’m not talking about that cute sweater you saw in the shop window or those gorgeous shoes you just have to have but rather things that have more of a deeper meaning and significance; things that give you a sense of calm or peace when you look at or touch them. Maybe it’s a piece of artwork that really speaks to you or a certain tree you sit under to find calm when the world feels like it’s closing in.
A few years ago I started being drawn to, of all things, a gem stone. I’d never had a leaning toward this particular gem stone before. In fact I can’t even guarantee I’d heard of it until a few years ago. It’s not one of the expensive precious ones that men pay dearly for to please their loved ones. It’s not a particularly brilliant or breathtaking stone in most cases. It is to me a rather humble one. But yet, I’m still drawn to it. The gem stone of which I write is moonstone.
I have a ring I purchased about 2 years ago and each time I wear it I can always be found rubbing the stone or playing with the ring. I think it is the only ring I play with honestly. Since purchasing that ring I have been searching for the perfect moonstone pendant. Again not really sure why but I knew I just had to have one. And, I could not explain why. Honestly I still really can’t.
There are several moonstone pieces out there if you know where to look but I had to search for the perfect shape, the perfect color, the perfect size. Finally I was fruitful in my search this past weekend. I found a pendant with one stone dangling from another. Two lovely blue-hued stones, brilliant in their blue and at the same time translucent. In fact, I wear it as I type this.
I know people who are drawn to crystals and stones for healing powers both physical and spiritual but I’ve never really thought about it too much. To me, gems are just pretty things to be mounted, sold in stores and worn as jewelry. Recently I’ve wondered if I’d been drawn to the stone for a reason. Is there some force that is pulling me in? What I found was rather interesting.
Of course different sources will give descriptions that vary slightly but of the things I’ve found moonstone is considered to be a hoping and wishing stone, a stone to assist in acceptance, a fertility stone, and it can be used to treat circulatory disorders. A whole lot of that makes sense to me particularly based on events in my life over the last year.
Maybe there is a reason after all I have been drawn to moonstone and it captured my attention. I may be reading into things too much, who knows, but perhaps there are reasons I found my perfect pendant at this point and time. I never will truly know but for right now, I’m choosing to believe.